<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d11159840\x26blogName\x3dIraqi+Expat\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://iraqiexpat.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://iraqiexpat.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-8725093042459799877', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Iraqi Expat

Thursday, May 05, 2005

UK Elections 2005

I am sorry I haven’t been able to post anything the past few day; I was busy with work among other things.

Among those other things, I've been following the UK elections . I've watched Charles Kennedy, the Liberal Democrats leader, answers most of the questions by looking at the sky, then closing his eyes and signing "Imagine". Imagine what? You become PM? No thanks, I don’t want to imagine that.

Then came Michael Howard, the Tories (Conservatives) leader, and he answered most of the questions by saying; "But we have to look back; we have progressed too much in the last 8 years and it's time to move back"! I especially enjoyed it when Howard shot himself in the foot on the Iraq war! He attacked and accused Blair, and then he went on and said that he would've gone to war for regime change. Then why are you attacking Blair? Howard would’ve done himself much less harm if he had said something like; “I supported Blair’s decision to go to war and I would’ve done the same”. End of story. Why did you have to shoot yourself?

Well, I guess by now you know whom I support in this election! That’s right, the one and only Tony Blair, for he is the only candidate in this election who is a real leader and deserves to be the Prime Minister. I don’t support him only because of the Iraq war and his courageous decision, but also because of his realistic and progressive policies.

I was talking to my parents yesterday and they announced that they will vote for Lib Dems! I was speechless for a moment, but then my father explained it. Labour has no chance of winning that constituency; they lost there in 2001 by about 35%; the Lib Dems won and the Tories lost by 10%. Therefore, it would make more sense to vote Lib Dems than to waste a vote on Labour in a constituency were they have no chance of winning. So, if a Lib Dem won there again, then it would have no effect on Labour.

As most of you know, or maybe not, it has been predicted by most people and pundits that Tony Blair will win this election; which is great. However, unfortunately, I don’t think he will have the same majority in the parliament that he currently enjoys! Tonight I will be watching the election coverage and will be eagerly waiting to see 1) the disgraceful George Galloway defeated and out of parliament; 2) the respectable Tony Blair win a third term with a good majority.

Fortunately, there were no injuries in today’s blast near the UK consulate in Manhattan; but it might become a source for another conspiracy theory!

4 Comments:

Blogger dcat said...

Ahmad,

You don’t need to apologize! I understand what you mean. Some of us have other lives going on. I would like you to know I enjoy coming here and reading what you have. I don’t always post however I do read. Thank you.

May 06, 2005 2:38 am  
Blogger jedati said...

I'm rooting for Tony Blair! You are right, he is a leader.

Glad you are back Ahmad, I missed you. (:

May 06, 2005 4:31 am  
Blogger jedati said...

Oh...that name thing again...sorry.

May 06, 2005 4:31 am  
Blogger Ahmad said...

I missed you too, jedati ;)

May 06, 2005 10:26 am  

Post a Comment


Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home